I have a friend who gave me some recipes for delicious salads. The first one is this curry rice salad, with chicken and a yogurt dressing. This is a salad that each bite fills your […]
I have a friend who gave me some recipes for delicious salads. The first one is this curry rice salad, with chicken and a yogurt dressing. This is a salad that each bite fills your mouth of contrasts, sweet raisins against the tartness of the currants, or the crunchy of penuts facing the tenderness of the chicken breast and sweet corn. Pretty amazing, no doubt.
- Prepare curry rice:
- Peel, wash and cut the onion very finely.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the onion over low heatm until it becomes translucent.
- Add the rice and mix well with the onion.
- Pour in the stock and the teaspoons of curry. Add salt to taste, stir slightly and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes or the time indicated in packet’s directions.
- Let it cool and store in refrigerator several hours.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and grill a la plancha with a few drops of oil for 2 minutes on each side. Let cool and cut into squares.
- Coarsely crush the peanuts.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled rice, chicken, peanuts, raisins, corn, currants and mix well.
- Finely chop and add the cilantro.
- Just before serving, prepare the vinaigrette: Crush a peeled and rodless garlic clove to make garlic paste. Put it with the rest of the dressing ingredients in a jar, close it and shake it well.
- That’s it. Season with the dressing and serve immediately.